I had started another blog several years ago at http://myfamilyresearchadventures.blogspot.com/, but when google plus ended some how I messed things up and now it is very difficult for me to get into that blog to post. So I decided to start a new blog that I can get to easier.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

John E Bionaz One of his trips

Tracing Immigrant Ancestors Passenger lists


I enjoy participating in Dear Myrtle's HOA (Hang Outs on Air). Now we are studying Tracing Immigrant Ancestors and the assignment was to find a passenger list for an ancestor and share it. So I decided to find and share one of the trips my great-grandfather John E Bionaz made. From what we can tell he made several trips back and forth between the USA and Italy.



(Year: 1903; Arrival: New York, New York;Microfilm Serial: T715, 1897-1957;Microfilm Roll: Roll 0316; Line: 2-4; Page Number: 119: Ancestry.com. New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010.)

Line 2 Bionaz John Hario age 36, white, male, married, farmer, can read and write, Italian, from Brissaque, port New York, traveling to Dunlo Pa returns to family, previous arrivals 1893 and 1902

Line 3 Boche, Maria age 24, white, female, single, can read and write, Italian from Allein, port New York, traveling to Dunlo Pa to see brother.

Line 4 Boche Bernardo age 12, male, single, from Allein, port New York, traveling to Dunlo Pa to see brother.

John E Bionaz married Orpheline Boche in 1900. I believe the brother Maria and Bernardo are visiting is Orpheline's father, Peter Boche.

No comments:

Post a Comment